I know I only went from working 24 hours/week to 30 hours/week, but I added some call time and the occasional late night AND regular sleep. So really, I probably added an extra 6-10 hours/week of work-related time. As a consequence, I am more behind on everything and this is increasing rapidly at an alarming rate. I had today off and I knew I needed to buckle down and get stuff done and I'm much more motivated with a list. Here's what I accomplished:
- 3.5 mile run
- 20 minutes of weights and watching Louie C.K. It was a good idea in theory, but I kept laughing and losing my form.
- I washed all of the children's laundry, all of our laundry, and put away everything PLUS the last three weeks of the adult laundry.
It's okay. I had some help. Then the help got a bit lazy.
Why do I have such a mental block against putting away the adult laundry? I put away the children's laundry religiously.
- I brought the Christmas dishes (!) downstairs and brought up our regular plates and cups. (During winter, we have snowflake places and snowman glasses.) I ran the regular dishes through the dishwasher and put them away.
- I brought up the new dog food and mixed it with the old dog food. I changed the 2 gallon water station we use for the pets.
- I cleaned the fish tank.
- I washed all the bathroom towels and put them away.
- I reserved the new David Sedaris book from the library.
- I emailed a few times with a speaker I'm trying to coordinate for E and L's class.
- I brushed the dog and got enough hair to make another dog.
- I wrote a check and mailed a card to my nephew who is graduating from high school. I resisted the urge to shriek, "I USED TO CHANGE YOUR DIAPERS!" He is such a nice kid and restores my faith in teenagers.
- I chose the purse that I wanted from Etsy. I have a dark brown cross body purse and I feel like I need something lighter for spring/summer. I also chose a necklace that I hope will move a black summer dress from "bathing suit cover-up" to "actual dress."
- I cleaned out my car. I gave a coworker a ride to the far away parking lot after work last night and all the crap I had to move off the passenger seat shamed me into it. We use A's car if our family is going somewhere together, so no one ever uses my passenger seat.
- I pick up our race packets for the Girls on the Run 5K we're running with E and L tomorrow. I washed and dried our t-shirts.
- I bought a Target gift card for the slumber party E and L are attending tomorrow night. We tried to find a gift for the birthday girl, but they were so wishy-washy about what she'd like that I ended up with a gift card.
- I instructed E and L to make birthday cards.
- I went over a recipe for Swedish cardamom bread that I'm making for their school's World Party. I need to buy yeast and flour tomorrow.
- On the way home from school, I stopped by the neighborhood store and bought dairy products (they get them from a local farm) and let the girls pick out all the flowers they'd like to plant. I'm a wee bit proud they knew the names of some of the things we've planted in the past (snapdragons, petunias).
- I helped C work on her animal project that's due next week. She cut out pictures of birds (her animal of choice) and pasted them onto construction paper. We'll glue them onto poster board and add her five facts later this weekend.
- I made a carbohydrate loading dinner of grilled chicken and goat cheese pasta with tomatoes and spinach.